Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day

With Valentine's Day around the corner, officially here in an hour and 10 minutes by my clock, I thought I'd share my thought and some pictures I found.

I'm a single guy who once felt on top of the world for only 3 months or so, no matter how worthy or not, I did. Anyway, since then I've been single and seeing still other couples all happy and cheerful and all that shit. And I can't help but think, "You lucky SOB, happier then a big in shit. I wish I had something like that with someone. Someone to go to when I have problems, someone that comes to me when they have problems." Something to that effect. So when Valentine's comes around and all the bull that goes along with the couples and the romance and all that sappy, corny stuff, it just exaggerates that want, that sort of hole I have for something like that.

Because of this I really dislike Valentine's Day and I don't think it's necessary. But I think too, that if I was going out with someone I'd be totally into it.

Here are some pictures - I can relate. Just in case you can't read them I'll caption them.
"Valentine's Day SUCKS. I'm only saying this because I'm single and bitter. If I was in a relationship, I'd be all hearts-and-candy-tastic, I assure you."




"One day in February isn't special. But you are."

"Happy Saturday (I don't need an official day to tell you how I feel.)"

"This is February 14th, I'm probably going to come home and make some food and then faff about on Facebook for a bit and IM with a couple of friends maybe write on my blog and look up some random shit on Wikipedia or whatever and I doubt I'll even register there's anything particularly significant about the day because I'm not a brainwashed, vapid, sheeplike moron."

"Bollocks to Valentine's Day"

2 comments:

  1. Cheer up and go to Boston Pizza for a heart shaped pizza! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear boy,
    Being single is much better because you don't have to put up with a psychopathic girlfriend. Just don't worry about it. You'll find a lovely lady soon :)

    PEACE

    ReplyDelete